The employee benefit plan industry is a specialized area that has its own set of constantly changing rules. By not knowing and following all of these requirements, the plan sponsor is at risk for significant penalties. And though often daunting to some, these unique rules are no mystery to Jones and Kolb.
We’re recognized as employee benefit plan experts who provide assurance and consulting services for commercial and not-for-profit organizations, with extensive experience and a thorough knowledge you can rely on for many types of plans including:
- Defined contributions
- Profit sharing
- Health and welfare
Your employee benefit plan is too important to gamble with. By building a long-term relationship with clients, Jones and Kolb offers proactive advisory services that anticipate regulatory changes that may impact your group, guarantee full compliance and add value through efficient plan administration. Services include:
- Limited scope audits of 401(k), 403(b) and health and welfare benefit plans
- IRS and Department of Labor (DOL) reporting (Forms 5500, 5310 and other required schedules)
- Disclosures and schedules required by ERISA and the DOL
- Communication with plan governance regarding significant findings
- Compliance testing, including testing of participant activity and account balances
- Verification of timely remittances of employee contributions
- Review and recommendations of internal controls
- Investment valuations
- Plan fiduciary review
- Investment fee reasonableness and benchmarking
Jones and Kolb is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center, which requires the firm to have quality control policies and procedures in place to ensure that the employee benefit audit plan practice complies with applicable professional standards, among other requirements. This membership shows a commitment to quality employee benefit plan audits and ensures that we are up-to-date on the latest industry developments.
To learn how Jones and Kolb can help with your employee benefit plan, please contact Brian Muia at 404-262-7920.